On January 30th, 2011, throngs of glitter clad gals and dapper Dans flocked to the Ace Hotel for this year's Hitched event. For those of us who traveled from the North, the only hitch getting there was the pesky rain on the drive down. However, very much like the uninterrupted immaculate weather at Disneyland, Palm Springs welcomed us with sunshine. When we got there, we had no idea what 35 dollars would get us inside the event. Let me kindly break it down.
1. A Hitched tote bag filled with amazing goodies from all the vendors. (Alcohol, candy, pins, pretty stationary, coupons, magnets, and the best lemon flavored cotton candy I have ever tasted)
2. A non-floating booze cruise that included your choice of free sangria, Sofia Coppola champagne, margaritas, beer that came served in a paper bag (for the classy gentlefolk) and an array of the Ace's mixed signature drinks.
3. Dinner and snacks that included grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, cotton candy, popcorn, corn dog bites, CAKE, mini tamales, spicy corn fritters, etc.
4. An cutesy synchronized swimming performance accompanied with cutesy music like Lilly Allen's cover of "Heart of Glass".
5. A free haircut from Rudy's and a tutorial on bow tying in the Groom's Lounge.
6. A chance to schmooze with celebrity bloggers and artisans.
7. A hands on look at some amazing tablescapes and floral designs.
For a an in depth list of all the vendors, click here.
There was probably more that we missed, but what the heck! Two thumbs up to a great night in the desert.